Saturday 14 January 2012

A good week!

Wednesday saw an e-mail from The Oldie pop into the In Tray


Subject:Your address
Date:11 January 2012 09:59:53 GMT
From:

editorial@theoldie.co.uk
Can you supply, please? We would like to pay you for your Olden Life contribution in the February issue.
Many thanks, Charlotte Fairbairn

Thursday saw the February issue of The Oldie drop on the front door mat with my article on Wintle in it. The same post also brought a letter from the university which contained this sentence:

I am pleased to be able to confirm that you have satisfied the examiners and that Senate has accepted the recommendation of the Board of Examiners that you be awarded the following:
MA in Biography

Today saw a visit to the Bodleian Library during which I found to my joy that it is possible to download facsimiles of many Elizabethan books onto a memory stick so that I can read them at any time in the comfort of my study. This is relevant to the project which has replaced the Wintle one and which I am slowly telling on my new blog about the Cinquecento cookery book Epulario.

This is, therefore, the last post I will make to this blog before my valedictory one of farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment